Sunday, February 21, 2010

In the Beginning...

Through much positive influence, I have finally decided to begin a blog. Days ago, I turned twenty-five. At a quarter of a century old, I am only just beginning to understand the way rapidly-moving life can pass you by. Did I really just waste an evening doing nothing? But, I believe if you look deeper, you will see that no experience is a waste with the right attitude. The best evenings can be spent by yourself, simply people watching.
Simply put, at only twenty-five years old, I lead a remarkably blessed life. Most importantly, I have a family that I love, regardless of some idiosyncrasies. Secondly, my friends are amazing. Have you ever known someone who was incredibly talented, intelligent, and compassionate? They are probably friends of mine, or at least I have several people in my life like that. Thirdly, I teach the most incredible group of Middle School students. They keep me on my toes and teach me something new every time I have a class. I thank God every day for such brilliant, beautiful souls to teach. Lastly, but not last, I have a fabulous boyfriend. He allows me to try new things and encourages me in any way that he can.
It is from Daniel that I received my Canon Rebel for my 25th birthday. Receiving the camera of my dreams will partly inspire this blog, so I have plenty to show and tell you from this last week. I hope you all enjoy!

Fenruary 12, 2010

My 25th Birthday!
Even if I am a little late with posting, I want to share each day of the last week if I can. My birthday was amazing! Daniel left a birthday package for me in the bed. Turns out it was the new Carrie Underwood CD and a DVD of the movie "Overboard". At school I had a great day with my kids. I received some really sweet birthday blessings and even some presents! It helped that this was the day that we celebrated Valentine's Day as school, but nonetheless... FUN! I had two packages delivered to my work: 1. Edible Bouquet from Caitie Close- LOVE that girl and 2. A Birthday Box with a stuffed animal and goodies from my mom- I was super impressed since she had never sent something before.
Eventually, I had to go home. I did some cleaning, but I knew I would end up going out for dinner with Daniel later, so I started getting ready. He came home and surprised me with the absolute best present I could have ever asked for: my Canon Rebel. We then proceeded to go to dinner where another amazing friend surprised me by joining us. Overall, it was an amazing birthday. I am truly blessed by the people in my life.

Katrina joined us afterwards so she could see our new house (moved in February 6th). Fabulous day!

February 13, 2010

My parents came to celebrate my birthday. We ended up exploring Downtown Pasadena and I am so glad we decided to be adventurous. I found a great pub and we located some more "hot spots" to check out later. Which, of course, we did just that. My roommate Rachel and I went out that night for more celebrating and found a great Wine and Jazz Bar. We also ended up meeting up with a few other of our friends and really had a great time!
This is the cutest ice cream cake. My parents got it for me to celebrate.

February 14, 2010
Valentine's Day!

Actually, this was not the most eventful day. Daniel had to work, so Rachel and I ended up going to IKEA. Since I have zero shopping bone in me, it was pure torture. Then, after all the shopping, I spent several hours building dressers. However, I finally did get my puppy.


Isn't he cute. His current resting place is the newly built IKEA coffeetable. See, I did not ruin it.

February 15, 2010

I went whale watching with a great friend. I got to finally really use my camera. Enjoy some of the pictures!



The sun really bejeweled the vast ocean... stunning



Even though we went "whale" watching, we really only saw some dolphins. Who cares? I got some really beautiful shots! I was so excited that they came out so well!

I thought this shot was interesting. The cliffs with the foliage almost looks like it comes right out of Swiss Family Robinson or The Jungle Book.
I love the ferris wheel. If you can be on this ride at snset, you are really in for a treat.



The rest of these are really just the pier. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment