Sunday, March 7, 2010

Delectable Treat- Happiness Found

February 22, 2010

Everyone has experienced the sudden rush to those special glands in your mouth. You know the ones I am talking about. The glands that seem intrinsically linked to your stomach, demanding you to think about all of your favorite, but seemingly horrible foods. When the stress of your job, the relationships in your life, or just the day to day existence that makes you crave, truly yearn, for that one little moment when you bite into something that just completely lifts your spirits. What can wipe away the negativity better than an incredible hamburger and fries?

The best part of this Monday was that this beautiful moment came upon me serendipitously. Every once in a while, I get the adventure bug in me. I become determined to find a new route home. How can you appreciate what you have without experiencing life to the fullest? On my new route home, I glanced to my left and saw a "Tops". Hearing from so many people that I had to try "Topz", I misunderstood and quickly veered into the drivethru, hoping to try an amazing burger.

While a different establishment than the one recommended to me, I had an amazing burger with the perfect side of sweet potato fries. I found an establishment that gives me the warm, fuzzy feeling that I need sometimes... Happiness Found.

Quote of the Day: "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln


No comments:

Post a Comment